10.4.12

184

Tuesday
Eliezer Frenkel 1929 – 2012
My first day at college / consisted of a History of Art exam / based on / E. H. Gombrich's / "The Story of Art". / This set the tone / for the next four years / of in depth / uncompromising / study / and hard work / under the orchestration of / the architect Eliezer Frenkel / founder and head of the SADNA College Of Architecture & Design. / During my fourth and final year / while I was still a student myself / Eliezer assigned me a teaching position in the college. / He evidently recognized abilities / I did not at that point know I possessed. / A mentor / is how teachers of his caliber / are referred to. / After more than twenty years of being a teacher myself / I can still hear him / commenting / differing / encouraging / what I teach and the way I teach it. / Being his student wasn't easy / it had a profound effect / not only on me / but on my whole living environment. / Today / accompanying him to his final resting place / all the alumni / were unanimous / in feeling that without him / we would not be who we are today. / We were his children / he was our father. / And though I am grieving / I know I am fortunate to have had the honor of being his student. /

3 comments:

  1. מרגש......היה זה יום של סגירת מעגל חיים רחוק אך משמעותי ביותר ואולי פתיחתו
    ..... של חדש

    ReplyDelete
  2. תטוש
    ריגשת אותי עד דמעות
    התקשרתי מוקדם יותר,נמרוד ענה אבל לא היית בבית
    חיבוק

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Talia, for this emotional post. I could feel your thoughts, your feelings, and also your respect. I think professors are the real mentors, after parents.
    I totally respect you for the mission you have as a teacher. I truly believe that you will be a great mentor to your students.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete